Why join TM2 as an Institutional Member?
Technology Metals Market Limited (“TM2”) is a primary issuance and physical secondary market venue for technology metals, connecting institutional investors and proprietary traders and Execution Brokers with metals Issuers, primary producers, recyclers and mints.
Traders have multiple high reward, high return opportunities doing business with TM2.
- Members must be incorporated undertakings and able to provide a current certificate of good standing.
- Members must pass TM2’s due diligence requirements to counter exposure to money-laundering and terrorism-financing, sanctions busting, politically exposed persons, modern day slavery, and conflict linked activities.
- Members must demonstrate understanding and competency of metals trading and orderly market behaviour.
Available Connection Methods
Access the Primary Market:
- by trading using TM2’s trading interface; or
- by integrating TM2 with their existing trading platform, order management or portfolio management systems used by the Member to provide seamless access.
Access the Secondary Market:
- by trading using TM2 trading interface; or
- by integrating TM2 with the existing trading platform, order management or portfolio management systems used by the Member to provide seamless access.
Institutional Grade, Industry Tested
The platform is fully secure and all interfaces are robust and built for efficient and reliable trading.
Exchange Rules and Governance
Primary Market: Platform for issuing technology metals and processing initial offers on listed metals, available 24/7/365. The primary market is offer only.
Secondary Market: High-performance automated matching engine, integrated with the Primary Market. Available during trading hours 0930-1600 LDN.
- TM2 has detailed guides, rulebooks and presentations explaining trading, clearing and settlement, safeguarding and administration arrangements, metals contracts, and all other market matters.
- TM2 membership agreements set out the contractual terms governing participation by members and other market participants.
- TM2 maintains a comprehensive due diligence and compliance program to ensure the mitigation and reporting of money-laundering and terrorism-financing, sanctions busting, politically exposed persons, modern day slavery and conflict linked activities in accordance with our strict compliance guidelines.
- TM2 maintains robust systems and controls to detect and report incidences of market manipulation and market abuse and other inappropriate trading behaviour to ensure market integrity and fairness.
Any member that intends to enter into a brokerage relationship with TM2 must become an accredited Broker Member. Further accreditation information is available in the TM2 Broker Opportunities Guide.
Technology metals can be traded or held on TM2.
- Primary producers and other accredited market participants are admitted as Issuers to TM2.
- Technology metal to be listed is placed in Custody with an accredited third-party custodian.
- TM2 lists the technology metal on the primary market.
- Registered and verified members are able to buy the primary issuance.
- Instant settlement, with 1:1 physical backing. Metal balances are transferred to the investor’s treasury on purchase. Metal and cash balances are seamlessly transferred between the primary and secondary market.
TM2’s Custody application protects client assets from any external manipulation and controls the system book consistence, mitigating any risk of failures or fraud.
Global access & Direct Title
TM2 is growing its Issuer and resource base globally to connect investors directly to technology metals issuers.
TM2 has a strategic and growth plan to rapidly drive our expanding footprint. TM2 is building liquidity by creating and unifying the global technology metals markets.
Many of the technology metals TM2 lists have few or any alternative direct trading venues especially for the institutional user. The only other alternatives available today consist primarily of products that only offer indirect exposure. By contrast TM2 is a direct title and direct marketplace for technology metals that are fundamental and unique inputs into the 21st century product supply chain.
TM2 is a direct title and direct investment market into the metals that will see the largest supply/demand tension and are likely to become some of the most dynamic asset classes in the coming decades.
Blue Chip Issuers
Our partners are world-class, blue chip issuers, with vaulted metals and recurring supply.
TM2 focuses on technology metals that are expected to see the largest supply/demand tension over the next 10 years.
|Beryllium (Be)||Space Shuttles, Lasers|
|Gallium (Ga)||Semiconductors, Fuel Cells|
|Germanium (Ge)||Semiconductors, Fibre optics |
|Tantalum (Ta)||Capacitors, Jet Engines|
|Lithium (Li)||Batteries, Dry Cells|
High-end technology capacitors
Aerospace combustion chambers
Sensors, Memory/Logic devices
Baird & Co
Baird Rhodium Digital (BRD) £200 million
Missouri Cobalt Digital (MCD) $50 million
U.S. custody Consortium (CVD) $30 million